• Design work is billed on an hourly basis.
• An estimate of design hours is provided following discussion of the scope of the project.
• Trade discounts are pass on to clients.
• Thanks to our transparent pricing model, clients save on sourcing and service fees typically charged by design professionals.
• Since the client does not pay sourcing or service fees, all payments are made directly to contractors and traders.
• Invoices are sent bi-monthly. Invoices to include design work and any out of pocket expenses.
• A retainer is required to initiate work.
A complimentary meeting at which the goal is to assess client’s lifestyle, functional needs, style preferences, overall goals, budget, and timelines.
Based on the initial meeting, we prepare a detailed proposal outlining the scope of services, the estimated number of hours, and an anticipated start week based on current projects.
Engagement Letter & Site Survey
Once the proposal is accepted, a formal engagement letter is provided for signature and retainer. Then a visit to client’s home will be scheduled for site review and photo documentation. Where appropriate, we may arrange to have the trades visit for estimating purposes.
Design Phase 1 - Preliminary Design Concept
Presentation of preliminary design concepts. Provide illustrations and other materials to show the suggested design concept.
Design Phase 2 - Design Presentation
Based on client’s feedback design layout and furnishings are presented. Design boards are prepared which include images and material samples to help the client visualize the design plan.
Next you will receive a detailed purchasing guide with images and descriptions that outlines items to be purchased.
Recommendations are offered for the best contractors and trades based on the project scope. Every client will enter into contracts directly with contractors and trades. Pre- and post-renovation meetings along with onsite visits during construction, can be conducted, ensuring that the design is executed in conformity with the concept.
Installations are scheduled. Out of consideration for the client and for best results we try to schedule within a limited window of time.
At the conclusion of the project and with client’s approval, we schedule a photography session for the designer’s portfolio and marketing purposes.